Original recipe is from foodnetwork.com. I improvised a lighter version; this makes around 70 cookies, 60 calories per each.
Copyrights: The accidental Blog. 2014.
– 450 grams oat flakes.
– 2 large eggs.
– 175 grams unsalted butter.
– Around 1/4 cup flaxseed oil. (I think you may omit this one to save calories).
– 1/2 cup sugar (better be brown).
– 2 scoops whey protein.
– Skim milk to soften the dough (because I used half the butter in the original recipe).
– 1 tsp baking powder.
– 2 tsp vanilla extract.
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
– 1/8 tsp salt.
1. Spread the oats in a baking tray and roast in the oven until golden.
2. Grind about 3/4 the oats together with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a bowl, mix the butter and oil with sugar and whey until smooth in consistency.
4. In another bowl whip the eggs and vanilla.
5. Add the eggs to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
6. Gradually add the ground oats and mix until smooth.
7. Add the 1/4 of oats you didn’t grind and mix.
8. You will see the dough is getting tough, add few drops of skim milk until you get the right consistency.
9. Shape the dough into medium-sized cookies, and align them on an oven tray or whatever and bake in 200°C for about 12 minutes or until they become golden.
10. Enjoy the yumminess! 😉
You might already know that my last run was an utter failure. However, on the bright side, I’ve been running since then 2-3 times weekly. A friend recommended this “C 25K” app, and it helped a lot. So, last Friday was “Cairo Runners” wake-up run (a 8K route), and I needed to test my progress.
Well, last time I ran a Kilo and walked the rest, this time I ran around half the route. That’s something!
The accidental Blog.. © 2013
Save for today, I have never run further than few meters. In fact, I never was into running or any sort of cardio training, and perhaps that’s why I love lifting weights! So anyway, today was “Cairo Runners” season finale, and the shortest run was near 10 kilometers. I needed to prove I’m fit enough, so I gave it a go..
The run started at 7 am. At 7:05 am, I was panting. At 7:10 am, a simple realization hit me; I’m so incredibly unfit! Out of 10 kilometers, I walked around 9. To make things worse, I wore the wrong shoes (because my running sneakers didn’t match my clothes! Silly!); they were so un-comfy and kept making loud noises as I hit the road! Oh, did I ever mention how bumpy Cairo streets are??
Astonishingly, fifty-something men could swiftly sprint past me, when I was literally dragging myself and battling to catch my breath! My 14-year-old sister outran me, because I was just so turtle-ish!
I made the run (or technically the walk) within an hour and 44 minutes! So from this moment on, I’m obliged to:
- Run more regularly.
- Break the above “record”.
- Win a half marathon within the next year.
I’ll keep you posted!