Original recipe is from foodnetwork.com. I improvised a lighter version; this makes around 70 cookies, 60 calories per each.
– 450 grams oat flakes.
– 2 large eggs.
– 175 grams unsalted butter.
– Around 1/4 cup flaxseed oil. (I think you may omit this one to save calories).
– 1/2 cup sugar (better be brown).
– 2 scoops whey protein.
– Skim milk to soften the dough (because I used half the butter in the original recipe).
– 1 tsp baking powder.
– 2 tsp vanilla extract.
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
– 1/8 tsp salt.
1. Spread the oats in a baking tray and roast in the oven until golden.
2. Grind about 3/4 the oats together with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a bowl, mix the butter and oil with sugar and whey until smooth in consistency.
4. In another bowl whip the eggs and vanilla.
5. Add the eggs to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
6. Gradually add the ground oats and mix until smooth.
7. Add the 1/4 of oats you didn’t grind and mix.
8. You will see the dough is getting tough, add few drops of skim milk until you get the right consistency.
9. Shape the dough into medium-sized cookies, and align them on an oven tray or whatever and bake in 200°C for about 12 minutes or until they become golden.
10. Enjoy the yumminess! 😉